Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ihc td-20b

GabbyVice27 ยท 2013-11-30 15:45

Hey fellars, talked to a gent about an international td-20 b, any discussion on the tractor would be appreciated, its powershift , 50-60% bottom , strait w/tilt. its not much to look at but he said its a solid old tractor, not been used in a few years, though. I love my hough loader[h-80b] and been around IH stuff all my life, trucks and smaller tractors. the c series tractors are v-8s this tractor is a 6cyl. he is not asking much over scrap,$6500. it will be used in the gravel pit and occasionaly do a little clearing job. any thoughts, I also looked at a komatsu 85p-17 basically in the same shape but the tourqe convertor seal is suspect,for the same money. I am a little leary of the komatsu though, Dad had a d45p years ago and it was a POS. The cat dealer here is hard to deal with so the only advantage to a caterpillar is irrelevant.

Replies5
  1. #1GabbyVice272013-12-01 18:18

    Has anyone came up with the view to post ratio on HEF , how many folks read before somebody says something, I recon some topics are just more interesting than others.

  2. #2td25c2013-12-01 20:52

    If the TD 20 runs & moves the price sounds reasonable . Might make for a nice restoration project .

  3. #32005kes20052013-12-11 00:37

    Td 20s are great machine V800 engine and 2speed diff steering will let you bury d8h&ks Great old girls Parts can be tricky

  4. #4Lindsey972013-12-11 01:47

    I have a friend that owned 2 of td-20's. one was a runner, and the other was a parts machine. he got a lot of aftermarket parts from a place in Atoka, Oklahoma.

  5. #5wrwtexan2013-12-13 22:39

    For 2005kes, the TD 20B is a D7 sized machine with a DT429 screamer (2,600 rpm) with 'clutch' and brake steering, not two speed. Parts are hard to find. Discs and separators are available from General Gear in Idaho. They are useable machines but I am now going to get rid of mine to pay off my newly acquired Catillac D6C. The early models had a poor front idler mount which was later updated to what the C's had but the track frame alignment system was 'designed' by some knuckle dragging blacksmith. A piece of plate rubbed against a vertical bar to hold the track frame in alignment with the tractor frame. You can imagine what dirt did to it as the rear bushings began to wear. I had to weld blocks onto the underside ends of the equalizer bar and a matching track frame block to hold them in line so as not to eat the rails and roller flanges off again. I dug two pools with it and will be glad to see it leave. Engine parts (bearings, rings) from what I have been told are nonexistent. Check clutch pressure as the converter driven pump is a throw away but may not be available or cost its weight in gold. My planetary final seals went to leaking and are unavailable also so I filled them with a 5 gallons of EP-0 grease and 1 gallon 80-90 gear oil and no more leaks. Buy it willing to cut it up for scrap if it goes down in a big way.