Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IHI 35J in need of a little help

iantomich ยท 2013-05-04 06:06

hi just got myself a ihi 35j with cab and am on the hunt for a bit of info,some of the things i want to know are what make of quick hitch is fitted to them,so that i can try and pick up another bucket for it,seems silly but the outside door handle is nackered am using the international gps tracking and security device at the moment i.e. a coat hanger,any one know of any other models fitting that cab,also have play in all the pins has any one done the ram pins i have a parts book i doesnt show bushes,but just incase any one has been there and done it before any help would be more than appreciated,my location is in the back o beyond 30 miles nw of inverness,scotland so am trying to find a dealer local to me,many thanks ian

Replies5
  1. #1KSSS2013-05-04 21:04

    I doubt you will find a similar cab but who knows. I had a 35J. It was a great a little mini ex. I got extremely good support from Compact Excavator Sales in Elizabethtown, Ky here in the USA. They are the importers for IHI excavators. Top notch people in my experience. I would contact them and I am sure they can help you out.

  2. #2iantomich2013-05-05 13:19

    cheers for that will get an email off to them,sourced some bits and pieces but down in england they hit us hard with postage up here,for some reason the north of scotland is classed as an island as far as couriers are concerned,why that should be i have no idea,all i can say is bring on independance,it could be cheaper to ship from the states,back on the independance thing,usa did alright out of it,i think we would be quid in lol

  3. #3iantomich2013-05-05 15:02

    would you have an email address for IHI in Elizabethtown,perchance

  4. #4KSSS2013-05-06 00:09

    [email protected]

  5. #5maddog2013-05-06 08:24

    I own a 35J also, great little machine, very dependable. Sorry I cant help with your questions much, I do agree with KSSS about the folks in KY.