Hi all I'm new to this forum and fairly new to excavators but have worked on equipment my whole life being raised on a farm. I bought this IHI 55N2 mini to do some work on my properties and it worked great for about 6 months, and the last time i used it one of the final drives just quit working all at once. Now it seams to not hold or freewheel on that side as well. it doesn't even try to move the track. I can hear the motor hum when you engage the stick. Any feedback would be great.
Good day I suggest beginning with checking for lubrication in the transmission. Kind regards Uffex
It looks like a Nabtesco drive and are rebuildable. A spline has let go in either the motor or sungear shaft. The manufacturer has a strange idea of having the shaft coupled directly to the hydraulic motor rotating group and the internal spline let's go which means the motor requires rebuilding. It is a job you can do yourself if you have some mechanical skills. There should be a data plate on the motor with the numbers needed to order parts.