Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IHI 80NX history?

damnescavator ยท 2021-02-02 10:13

I bought a used IHI 80NX (pic below) and am trying to determine the history. Like when the NX/NX3 series was introduced. My machine is WK000185. Most of these machines have EPA engine stickers with the year on it, but this one does not. Venturing a guess late 1990s. Anyone?

Replies9
  1. #1lantraxco2021-02-03 01:34

    I see a WK001488 listed as a 2009 if that helps... one site claims the model came out in 2001 A lot of Japanese machinery came in under exemptions, the engine in yours may or may not be Tier1, not that it matters at all.

  2. #2damnescavator2021-02-13 17:36

    Cool, yeah guessing the NX series began around 2000. I think NX was the first zero tail swing model. WK000182 would not be too far along in the run. Still would like to nail it down though. Maybe someone with a subscription to Equipment Watch or another serial lookup will chime in.

  3. #3damnescavator2021-03-04 09:05

    what is this thing? It's behind the operator seat on the right side

  4. #456wrench2021-03-04 09:11

    reminds be of a tool to break glass if you are trapped inside

  5. #5lantraxco2021-03-04 10:16

    You are correct!

  6. #6damnescavator2021-04-10 17:10

    I'll buy this explanation. A little hammer for glass windows

  7. #7lantraxco2021-04-10 19:57

    If you lay her over on the left side in the mud.....

  8. #8tool_king2021-04-11 13:52

    Window breaker hammer . All most cab machines have them.

  9. #9damnescavator2021-05-12 09:09

    I found the answer to this thread topic- it was made in 2001. Another (very) close serial with the engine sticker still attached sold this week.