Hi all! I'm working on restoring a Volvo EW140B at the moment, as I don't have any operator manuals. Display seems the same in all EC-B models, I'm just looking for info regarding what my display should be doing! all warning symbols work when ignition turned on etc, gauges work, backlight when lights turned on... but when I press arrows on bottom I'm not getting into any menus or controls etc , when I press arrows there is a beep but screen doesn't change. I presume there should be menus etc. Also any links to operator/parts/service manuals much appreciated
Only the lower LCD screen will change. You use the up down arrows to navigate and the checkmark to navigate within that parameter displayed. Then you can use the side arrow to scroll across. You have to be on a particular screen to navigate up or down. It takes a little bit to get used to.
Cheers, ya it looks like my display is faulty, cant access any of the menus, had a good electronics guy here today, replaced the serviceable parts but still no good. So new display it is!!
Helpful hint. When you get your new one. Remove the outer shell and drill an 1/8th inch hole in either side bottom curve. What happens is, operators work with the windscreen open in the rain. The rain gets into the display but can't get out the bottom. The holes give it a place to go.