I'm looking at buying a mini excavator, 6-8,000 lb, for use around my own property, and I see alot of IHI machines available used-Does anyone know anything about them?
Welcome,fuelbaron.The IHI mini's are top of the line machine's.If you need to know more ,post a thread in the compact excavator section.I have ran a few IHI's and I like them.
I see a few around here, the contractors that have them seem to like them.
I had a 35J for about 4 years. First class machine. I put 2500 hours on it with minimal problems. I had great support from Compact Excavator who is the distributor in the USA out of E-town, Ky. First class people, no doubt.
ihi excavators Thanks for the info-I think I'll go a look at a couple of used models coming off lease
I rented a 28N, I think that was the model, it had 400hrs on it. To be honest I thought it was junk, The hydraulics were very jerky and the pins were very sloppy, for only 400hrs?? other than that it had decent powerer and used very little fuel.:my2c
IHI makes some pretty trick stuff.... Thay do make something special in a limited market share, but I can't remember what it is. Maybe it is either electric motor mini, or some kind of demo-bot - can anyone help me with my 2-beer memory??
IHI makes awsome machines when it comes to reliability but the only downfall to them is that in some parts of the country, it can be difficult to get parts. Takeuchi is another great machine without the parts issues that flogg IHI, but they can be pricier to buy. Look into your parts avail. before you buy an IHI so you don't get stuck with something you have to mail-order parts for.