it sure looks safe but i feel they gone a bit far. hope its not working in a tight area.
What's with the paint scheme? That a company's colors? Almost thought it was some kind of off brand high drive till i saw the Cat sticker on her. Do the steps on those bad boys raise up? Looks like they would get knocked off easy.
Stuff-up. Hi, Ozscooper and Bear. I hate to have to be the bearer of bad tidings but somebody has seriously stuffed up there. There is no catwalk from the cabin footplate to the platform 'wherefromat' you check the radiator. Or are us clumsy, idiotically inept and extremely accident-prone operators not supposed to be able to injure ourselves while performing the incredibly dangerous task of negotiationg our way down the track and up to that platform and/or back again? LOL. Yes Bear, I understand those ladders do fold up out of the way, at least until you start working alongside a vertical rock face with that side of the machine to the face. Then I would imagnine that they might sometimes get 'folded away'. LOL. I have a question for the occupational health and safety nutters. What is having all that garbage hanging off the machine supposed to do for visibility around the machine? Another question. Does having all that garbage obscuring the operator's vision absolve him of any responsibility if he runs over or into something or somebody? You betchya sweet life it won't.
I hope it has back up cameras. Looks to me like it would have a enormous blind spot to the rear:IMO:my2c
No, that will never do... it isn't wheel-chair accessible.
I am absolutely fed up with the safety BS that has been really getting out of hand these days. I recently had a Cat working for the city of Winnipeg. The foreman there was trying to tell me I needed to wear my hardhat at all times, even while sitting under the canopy operating the cat. I think wearing hard hats on earth moving jobsites is down right pointless, I guess they do keep the bird $%^& out of your hair haha.
I been yelled at for that too, I was even told to wear safety glasses while operating my Bobcat with the (darn near bullet proof) lexan window in front, so I questioned the safety official, and he siad the I had to wear them in case the front window "broke"!!!!!!!! ointhead
what is with these new hardhats They are making these new hard hats with the foam liner thicker and thicker and for side impact well it is no good at all If I conveniently forget to put it on, what about heat stroke from all the heat built up. I think there is more of a issue with heat stroke. Safety glasses get scratched if you look at them the wrong way and the blind spots they create which lead to tripping.:beatsme
I can't see any warning labels in 14 different languages. I bet an inspector could find something to write a ticket for.
I want to know whats up with the rinky dink limb risers? LOL A little big to be in the woods!!!
From what I heard that dozer is for working in saltwater.
Saltwater work?????????????? Hi, JDMGrading. I don't think that dozer was for working in salt water. If my memory serves me correctly, it has shown up here on an earlier thread with regard to safety on machines. Maybe one of our esteemed administrators can dig it up for us as a lot of the same stuff came up then.
That is rediculas who needs all that stuff on a dozer I have never hurt myself walking up tracks before looks like a bunch of wasted steel mounted all over it That dozer is from a coal mine I forget the name of them but that is the company color , you should see pics of the 994F's they have there covered with yellow reflective tape and all the safyt bells and whistles you would think it a 994 wouldnt need all the reflective tape being bigger then a house I'll try and remember the company Ah I just remembered its Mt. Arthur Coal I just dont know where they are located
Absurdities Remember the Braille on the drive up teller, at the banks. Wish I would of copied that one. Wonder if they ever done away with that one. LOL
Those aren't actually limb risers at all. They are tie off points for fall arrest gear. Utterly ridiculous! Mount Arthur is located in Australia. We have a D11R at work that has catwalks around it, and it's known as the Aussie dozer. You can't see squat out of that thing. Brian
Safety Stuff (ups) Q:How many people are required to make a dozer push dirt? A: One operator & about 20 consultants,politicians & safety inspectors to save him from himself. Typically ridiculous & (unfortunately),typically Australian. That is what happens when you live in an over governed NANNY state.
Not Just in Oz. Hi, JimInOz. That sort of crap is not restricted to DownUnder. Various members of this and other forums have commented/complained about the same sort of thing in the U.S., Canada and the U.K., to name just a few. The two biggest problems facing the Western world today would just about HAVE to be political correctness and too many people willing to 'take responsibility' for how the rest of us live our lives and do our jobs. Just my $0.02.
Its all about litigation, you and me and every one else that lives in the real world knows that if you have muddy boots and slip off the wet muddy tracks you aint got no one else to blame but yourself, but there are those that have crept up from some other planet who do not see it this way, and they will sit on the floor gazing up at muddy tracks and thinks..oh dear if there was a grab rail there i would of been ok .. and off they goes to sue the company because they did not place a grab rail there, and so there is now a whole industry devoted to seeing into what might and could happen so company dont get sued. Happens more in the States than over here, but its getting like this here now. But as for nanny state ..well what does one expect with a socialist goverment, like the useless one here in the UK, all they want to do is regulate you.
Remove that element and hold everyone to the same accountability and then that would be a start. Safety is written in blood, some by pure stupidity and some but trail and error. My job is too provide the safest product I can. That means looking way outside the box and then hopefully we've mitigated most of the bonehead stuff that is going to happen with any product.
no, it's for falling stars and meteors But i wouldn't mind if Mariah carey would fall into my cab
The hard hat saves your head when you fall out of the tower crane because of heatstroke! sometimes i get so pissed of on these "safety officialls"
'Lubrication', locomotion and litigation. Hi, Folks. 3 of the worst mistakes that any democratic government ANYWHERE has ever made are: 1. Allowing supermarket chains to have liquor licenses. 2. Allowing supermarket chains to the own and operate fuel outlets. 3. Allowing lawyers, solicitors and barristers to advertise. Personally, I think there isn't a lot to distinguish between these 3 for which is the worst stuff-up but I'd give that 'honour' to #3 'cos it has sure cost our various societies a heap of money and freedom and made most of our lives more difficult. (Well-trained little soap-box puts itself away in corner until next time.)
As long as she didn't start singing
Dont seem a lot of difference between us then ..:drinkup
I sure wish the supermarket in this town had a liquor license or any other store. Pete
Mariah Carey. Hi, Squizzy246B. Well, if she can't sing what else is she good for?
Whart Lartnin' Hi, Cat 287B. C'mon. Where's yer 'ingenoowitty'??????????? Why not make yer own 'Whart Lartnin''??????????????????? I'm told DIY is half the fun of going thataway. And the other 1/2 is dodgin' ther 'revenoooers'. There is a rum distillery just down the road from where I live that started out as a still on a boat with its owner dodging the customs and excise people for 11 years without ever getting caught. Nor did he pay any excise or tax on his product. Then he sent a mesage to the powers-that-be offering to come on dry land, set up his still in a fixed location and pay the excise if they would grant him amnesty. I guess the authorities reckoned that 100% of all the future excise was better than all the excise they weren't going to get if they didn't agree so they granted him amnesty and he brought his still ashore and set it up on dry land. That was the start of Beenleigh Rum.
Well Deas....I always thought they put those platforms on those dozers so the "Old folks" could get their walking frames and seeing eye dogs around.....: ...and if you don't know what Sparffo had in mind well.......:cool2 tick...tick...tick...
Experience speaking????????????????? Hi, Squizzy246B. Me, I'd settle for Rhonda Birchmore. She can sing, dance, act AND she's decorative. AND she's a DownUnder girl. What more could a bloke want?
http://www.blackfive.net/main/2006/10/beccy_cole_post.html
Well done!
Hey DEAS, She was on the radio yesterday....not only does she look & sound good,but she loves FISHING! Look out for her new album. Jim