Im looking at a 2012 deere dozer in Canada. On the engine it has a label that says "solely for export and exempt from US emissions standards". Am I not allowed to import this into the USA? Its only for farm use. Is there someone at the US border checking engine labels? I've never bought or had anything trucked in from Canada. Thanks
Yes, they check the labels and I don't think anybody gets exemptions. Why do think the labels are required on the engines?
It is a can of worms that you do not want to open. They have no sense of humor at the border about a whole lot of things.
following
Use makes no difference whatsoever as far as I know. The sticker should raise a red flag with any Customs person at the border. To give you an idea of the issues that sticker can cause at one time we had difficulty importing engines with that same type of sticker into the US in order to have them rebuilt and then re-exported again.
If you want to follow a thread, at the upper right hand on top of the page there is a "watch" button.