We lease out a fleet (70 Units) of SkyTrak Forklifts. My question is regarding in-line fuel filtration. We are currently using a Napa 3002 to catch particulates between the fuel tank and the fuel transfer pump. I would like to use a larger version of the same thing. It is CRITICAL that it be clear so we can monitor the performance of the filter element and determine if an operator has run the machine out of fuel. Does anyone know of the availabilty of a larger clear filter?
I've not seen a larger clear inline filter than that one. If you're looking for a larger capacity filter than the small inline unit, what about fitting a Racor 120A with a 30 micron filter, would give you water drain bowl as well. http://www.parker.com/literature/Racor/10219_Rev_B_120A_and_120B_Series.pdf
Good advice. I like it! The Napa filter is inexpensive, but I suspect it clogs too easily. I'd like a higher capacity filter. I'll call Parker and look into this further.
I did some research and found a Stanadyne Pre Filter also.... http://www.stanadyne.com/view.php?id=25
There ya go.
I run those clear filters, and i am with you. They do clog fairly easy and dont last too long. They are a pretty good filter for the money though.
Perkins sells a clear fuel/water seperator for around $80.00. Part number is 2656086.