Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

In search of a BOOM for 1986 Grove RT-635

christina_sorm ยท 2015-02-25 15:10

Hey guys! I am looking for a boom (used) for a 1986 Grove RT-635 Crane! I have priced them out with some companies but they are wanting $60-100K for the boom alone... Does anyone have any contacts or leads that I can call or e-mail regarding salvaged cranes for that model? I am brand spanking new to the Heavy Equipment Construction World, so any help will be absolutely amazing! My email address and info is public under my profile, so if you find something or have a direction I can run to, just give me a shout! Thanks Christina

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2015-03-06 07:21

    oops double post. I thought I was editing the original.

  2. #2Tinkerer2015-03-06 07:24

    I would think that because of liability issues that would be created if a replacement boom failed not to many members here are willing to help you in your quest. I see you work for a company that manufacturers recycling equipment. Perhaps they should purchase a similar machine in working condition and use the damaged one you are referring to for parts.

  3. #3digger242j2015-03-06 10:31

    Posting the same question in multiple forums can cause confusion. Let's keep things simple and make any further replies in this thread: