Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Level Best or Dual Dozer?? Need Help

Bliz ยท 2015-03-01 10:13

I am in the market (very soon) for a laser controlled grading box or blade for my Cat 289D. My question is, does anybody have experience with either one of these brands or both, and how do you like them, advantages, disadvantages, etc. I note the wheels are behind the box on the Dual Dozer and can see where this would be helpful, but not sure how critical that is. Does Cat make anything similar? My Cat salesman never gets back to me. One other question, we have a job coming up that is about 13,000 sq.ft. of floor to grade for concrete. Approximately, how long should this take if the crushed gravel is roughed in place? Thanks for any responses.

Replies4
  1. #1Bliz2015-03-29 09:52

    Well, I can tell you Dual Dozer is not a consideration anymore. I called them and left a message, as they don't have a live person answering the phone. I clearly stated I was interested in possibly purchasing a system and to please call me back. I did this twice and after the second call, I got a call a week later. The caller was nice enough but couldn't answer a lot of my questions. However, he said he would have the area sales rep call me and also gave me the reps number to call. I called, left a clear message as to my interest in Dual Dozer and now 3 weeks later, no call back. I will never understand how companies can operate this way. When somebody calls my company they get a call back in 24 hours, even if they don't want to give us money for a service. If you have fight with a company to buy their product, imagine what getting service would be like. Dual Dozer is a great sales rep for Level Best.

  2. #2Equip Junkie2015-03-30 00:46

    Here is a good forum post on this subject. kind of long, but good thoughts. you can also find some more info in the laser forums...

  3. #3CConcreteEx2015-04-05 18:12

    Level Best is the way to go. I have a buddy who runs 5 of them in California. Once I get can enough slabs, ill be buying one. Ive don't quiet a bit of research and I keep coming back to Level Best. Heres a video of him. He tells me he's within a few yards of concrete when pouring a 500 yards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySgUJNpPs1c

  4. #4Bliz2015-04-05 19:44

    CconreteEx, Thanks for your response. Does your friend have a single plane or dual plane laser system? I met with the salesman this week and there is about 10k difference in price. Which one are you looking at?