Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

In search of childhood trojan frontloader

Mommy2one · 2024-04-27 14:45

Hi everyone! Not sure if this is allowed or if I will even have any luck. However, I am in search of a 1950 or 1952 Trojan Front loader that may have been purchased in NH around 2012. Story behind my post, I am searching for this specific Tractor due to the history. It belonged to my fiance’s father whom has passed away. His father, a ww2 vet, owned the tractor since my fiance was a child. As he grew up, his dad taught him how to work on and operate the machine. They would spend all day doing farm work at their home or spend all day outside fixing anything that was needed on it. Unfortunately when his father died, the frontloader got sold along with most everything else. I am hoping to find this and maybe try to work something out to purchase it back as a suprise. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Replies8
  1. #1digger242j2024-04-27 17:16

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums. It's certainly allowable, and sounds like a really thoughtful and awesome surprise. As far as the luck part goes though, I'd wager that you're going to need an awful lot of it. Here's hoping you find it...

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-04-27 18:05

    I'd put ads in papers and local equipment listing publications. Someone might recognize it or know someone else that might have some info on its whereabouts. It would help if you listed the model of loader and maybe the engine too. Also that it was sold around 2012. If you do find it be aware the owner might ask for more than it's worth because they know you want it for sentimental reasons. I think it was in the forestry thread where the original owner of a Pacific truck found his old truck in rough condition but still had the plate saying it was custom built with his name on it. The seller tried to cash in on this but it backfired and another person bought it to potentially restore it.

  3. #3cuttin edge2024-04-27 19:52

    Maybe you could find a similar one. I have my grandfather's old TEA20 tractor. The only thing on it that was his, is the rear axle, and a few other things. Everything else has been replaced from part machines over the years, but I still consider it the same tractor.

  4. #4CM19952024-04-27 20:12

    Welcome to the Forums M2! Glad to have you. That's really cool you are trying to put this together. However I'm with the others that it's going to take a lot no a ton of luck to find the exact machine. Here's to luck!

  5. #5digger242j2024-04-27 21:36

    ​ Mommy2one, take a look at this thread, from another forum: https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/topic/81504-farmall-m-trojan-loader-identification-help/ The member that posted joined there in 2012, posted the question in August of 13, but hasn't visited since 2020. One of the machines looks very similar to the pic you posted here, and it's also in the right state. Lots of coincidences... Edit to add: He posted another picture of it, here: https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/topic/83913-variations-of-the-m/

  6. #6davejo2024-04-28 07:36

    That looks like a match! There is a stiffener on the loader arm that is brown or rusted on both machines. The is a funky iron loop eyelet on the bucket and two holes drilled through the side on both machines

  7. #7Mommy2one2024-05-10 13:59

    That’s it!!! Thank you! I have sent a message to the user, here is to hoping he replies! I also put a post on their website.

  8. #8Welder Dave2024-05-10 15:46

    Good luck!