Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

In search of laser distance meter with interface to tablet

Martin_W ยท 2014-05-01 16:48

Hello I need a laser distance measurer that can transmit distances to a tablet. I would prefer Android to IOS if possible. Could anyone recommend a solution? I am glad for your suggestions. Thanx Martin

Replies4
  1. #1Nac2014-05-04 11:03

    I have a Leica Disto D8 that will connect with Bluetooth to my Android tablet. I use Redstick app but I believe Leica also has some apps.

  2. #2Martin_W2014-05-04 16:58

    Thank you very much, Nac. I guess the Disto D8 is the best. My budget isn't that big, so the search goes on. I found an interesting review on the Bosch GLM 100 C . The app suits for Android and iOS and that homepage claims that Leica Apps are available only for Leica's Distos. Does someone reading here knows the GLM 100?

  3. #3robblink2014-09-20 16:52

    The Leica D810 is the new model. I got mine at engineersupply and have been very happy with its performance! It will connect to a laptop or tablet via bluetooth and works well.

  4. #4Lasersplus2015-03-02 10:46

    I know the Bosch GLM 100 C. It works with 2 apps that Bosch has out there. There is the GLM measure&document app and the GLM floor plan app. I've used both to give me a good visual of what I measured and to download the info to my computer in an excel file. I use it with my iPhone, but I know someone who uses it with their Android as well. I love it.