Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sokkia EAGL3 error code

DennisZ · 2014-07-02 03:26

I have a Sokkia EAGL3 laser that I have been using to dig a construction site to -1% grade. Saturday I put it in its box and yesterday when I took it out and put it on its tripod, then switched it on and the screen now says ERR- 1. It's starts turning right away, sometimes fast sometime slow. Can't adjust anything so I don't know whether it is level or not and if it is set on the right grade. What does this code mean?? Thanks, Dennis

Replies3
  1. #1DennisZ2014-08-22 15:24

    New batteries and a new internal battery and a dealer reset eventually solved the problem. Batteries weren't difficult to find, the internal battery was more of a hassle as the one it had, is not available in Europe! Dealer found a different one that works.

  2. #2billypowell2015-01-16 06:37

    Hi, I have the same problem... I could replace the internal battery by myself, but what do you exactly mean with "dealer reset"? Thank you in advance for your help, billypowell

  3. #3DennisZ2015-01-16 10:21

    My dealer changed the battery, and he had to clear the error code. Can´t tell you how. Internal battery is not available here in Europe, and i couldn´t get someone to ship it from the States. (something to do with Lithium....) So we found a similar one here, but it´s just a little less capacity. We´ll see how long it lasts. I had it calibrated while it was at the dealer too. Good luck