I'm new here and I'm looking for opinions from operators that have ran an excavator the size a Deere or Case 135. As far as dealerships are concerned we have a deere, case, and cat dealer. I am looking to buy a used machine and this will be our first. It will be used primarily as a on farm machine, for cleaning up fence rows and clearing small plots of land. Any advice that y'all can give would be great. The reason we are looking at one this size is because it will be a little easier to move I think. Any advice will be useful.
Deere which is same as Hitachi is what id go for. Zx135 i think they are. They have a nice reach on them, smooth and reliable
I haven't ran that size Deere or Case but have a few hours on 314's over the last couple of years. I like that size machine and it's ability to be moved easily. If you're not hogging a lot of dirt or loading a bunch of trucks it would do nicely for what you describe.
Thanks for the Replies, Do you know of any year models that I should stay away from? I have looked on some of the different machinery websites and was wondering how high of hours would you feel comfortable with on a machine. I know it won't be used for commercial use but I don't what to have to work on it every time we go to use it.
Hours are very misleading I go by a case by case basis ive seen machines with 9k hours in better shape than machines with only 1500 hours
What about Linkbelt? I was in the Kubota Dealer yesterday and found out that they are a linkable dealer. Haven't ever been around linkable before, but what do y'all think about their 135 class machine.
We use HITACHI ZX110 - ZX130 and ZX135 here in Europe , they are good and reliable