Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Increase the RPM, while idling?

msta999 · 2023-12-27 13:04

This is a Forklift, 6M60-TL diesel engine......according to the manual! Anyone have any experience with increasing the RPM at idle? we have a lot of idle time, in the winter, here and need to figure out a way to increase the RPM a little. VIN: T 37A10016 Model: P26500 Model Year: 2007 I called the dealer and they said they have been asked this before, but are not aware of anything Cat put out for this. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Replies5
  1. #1Dave Neubert2023-12-28 08:09

    Is this a electronic engine

  2. #2Vetech632023-12-28 08:34

    Wire a 70's choke solenoid to it.

  3. #3msta9992023-12-28 14:00

    yes it is.

  4. #4Dave Neubert2023-12-28 16:54

    I would think someone with Cat software could turn it up if not make something that will shim the throttle pedal

  5. #5msta9992024-01-04 10:55

    We are looking at a throttle kicker kit, one of the mechanics found. If it works, I'll post it.