Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

844 Lull cylinder help?

Hank Hamiltonville Farm ยท 2023-12-23 11:34

I am trying to remove the rear cylinder that pivots towards the rear of the machine and is the furtherest aft cylinder on the passenger side. It appears the pin goes all the way across to the other side being approximately 2'-3' long. There is a keeper bolt on the driver which I have removed. However there are 3 bolts that are threaded into a nut that is welded onto the tube. I'm not sure if these 3 bolts are "set screws" of some sort, or there to hold a cover plate on. There is no way to turn the bolts. Any ideas on how to remove the pin? I've beat and banged for a couple hours now. Any pro tips would be appreciated

Replies2
  1. #1BillG2023-12-23 13:56

    What model A, B, C, and how many section boom (2 or 3)? If it has never been apart and lubed you are going to need a whole lot more than a BFH. All the way from a rosebud to a oxy lance.As tight as it probably is, it's usually a multistep process until you find what works. I have had to cut the pin at the pivot and remove pieces individually.

  2. #2Hank Hamiltonville Farm2023-12-23 14:00

    It's 844- tt34 Highlander 2. Not sure about AB or C. I'm thinking I'm gonna cut off the flange and just leave the pin in, then just reweld a big washer on it, once the cylinder is repacked. If that makes sense. Thank you for the reply. I'll update once it's off