Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Info needed on Cat 320CL attachment control

emmankan05 ยท 2016-03-20 04:10

Hi, I have a 2005 CAT 320CL and I now have to change the attachment control as the hammer cannot be used and we had to put it into manual mode. Does anyone know the cost of an attachment control? And can anyone send me a link to where I can purchase it directly online preferably in the UK? The excavators serial number is PAC00785 and the part number is 211-5560X-00.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2016-03-20 08:30

    My parts query function has given up on me today, but you ought to be able to get one from the Parts Dept of any Finning (Cat dealer) Branch in the UK. It may have to be specially ordered because 211-5560 is actually a 157-3200 Electronic Control with 211-5559 software pre-loaded into it. A blank control would likely be immediately available, a pre-flashed one probably not, but it shouldn't take long to get it. Offroad Equipment in the States are showing a used one available (actually a 211-5492 which is the predecesor to 211-5560 but will still work fine) but because I am not registered with them it won't give me a price. Maybe one of our US members who has an account with Offroad can help..?

  2. #2Blk prince2016-03-20 11:32

    Nige,I am always looking for your posts as I am with tct. Always so interesting. Great stuff. Bp

  3. #3Nige2016-03-24 08:47

    Got back into the parts system. Brace yourself - US$1,350. Not much more expensive than the control on its own which is $1,300. It's made to order - as I said above they take a generic 157-3200 Electronic Control that is used on many machines and flash the appropriate software into it for your specific Work Tool application. The basic Electronic Control is immediately available in the Parts system so it would not take more than a couple of weeks to deliver the control complete with installed software to a dealer.

  4. #4heymccall2016-04-06 19:41

    Never had to change controller on a C machine. Why do you think it's bad?