I have a ford new holland 555c it sat about a year. I cleaned the fuel filter, diesel looked good. It fired right up.Then the hoe sat another year now it wont crank. (No juice getting to starterI ) I installed new hot battery, cleaned terminals. The buzzer comes on but no juice to starter. Not even a click. I removed the trans lever left side of steering column ( looking for nuetral safety switch ) and took it apart. It must be in neutral to start. All looked good. Do i have to split the frame to get to the starter? I did brake a hydraulic line and lost allot of fluid. 1. Would being low on hydraulic fluid trigger a safety (no start switch)? 2. Is the trans fluid reservoir different from the hoe and loader reservoir? I am in the process of replacing Hydraulic lines. 3. Do i need to fill or prime those lines, just trying to get it to hit now. ? Any help appreciated
david c talking to him self here. Hopefully this will help others. I got the ford newholland 555c running. I traced the hot battery cable and it went to left side and ddisappeared behind two fuel filters the primary and secondary fuel filters on the right side, completely hidden.The starter if you look real carefully you can just see the end of a starter Sticking out. I removed both Filters and its right there on the side of the engine. Very easy access. I could just get my finger in the solenoid harness cap. There ws just enough room for a lizard or small mouse. I pulled the solenoid cover. That entails removing one nut. I think it was a 5/8 . i used a deep well. Be careful with that elwctrical stuff. It was very stiff. So rather that force it , since the post may go into the solenoid. I shot spray oil. And just barely tightened it . Then loosened it. It came of easy. I removed all wires and cleaned them. Those soft copper brushes dont clean well. Reassembled all and it cranked and started. Now the next issue is the hydraulics.