First time on this forum, Hi to All, I’m looking for some information on a Hopto Digger my father has. Being looking on the internet, but not too much out there on this machine. He’s looking to sell the digger and I would like to find as much info as I can to help in the selling of it. It’s a Warner and Swasey Hopto 345A engine is a GM 3-71 Diesel Year, 1954 ? not sure about this So, if you guys have any info, I would like to hear about it. Thanks Mark
First thing I think the numbers were changed when Baxter remanufactured it looked through our old book and stuff and could find nothing on a 345 Hopto and we were the dealer for years even before I cam here and that is a long time ago. LOL
That is the second Hopto I've ever seen. The first was a trailer unit. A local here bought it new ? maybe 1945 to dig holes for guard rail posts. It was heavy duty, but similar to the little tow behind units sold today. If I recall it had 5 lever control, no bucket cylinder. Bucket had no teeth. Yours is a modern machine by comparison. Willie