going to look at a pc75uu-2 Saturday has 4000 hrs overall looks like a machine that’s been taken care of. 24 v system all pins and bushings look tight in the videos he’s sent me. Was wondering if accessories are able to be put on that machine such as a quick hydraulic coupler and a hydraulic thumb. And other things I need to look for any help would be appreciated
There are more experienced people on here- but I will leave my 2 cents worth! I added a AMULET quick connect on mine-this is a manual unit, but works well. You can add a thumb easily by using a solenoid activated valve to use the side boom shift function for the thumb. There is also an extra spool valve location on the rear valve bank - but getting a spool and the rest of what’s needed to make it pilot controlled will be expensive and a bit more complex. This location from the factory would normally be used to run thumbs or hammers using another pilot valve on the floor on the left side of the cab. Surprisingly so far I have been able to get all the parts I needed from Komstsu, just pricey and not always in stock. Also found a few other places like AMS that have some parts for it. Mine was a bit rough when I got it, but it is a really nice running machine now. Good luck!
This is the machine looks in good condition. I also thought about putting valves on the z boom to where I can run a thumb off of the same foot pedal just turn 2 valves off and 2 valves on when you want to switch between the boom function and the thumb? Would that work ?
Also can you tell me where you got your coupler from? Thank you! I appreciate it
You can do manual valves, but the solenoid splitter/diversion valve is clean from the cab way that’s pretty simple to install. The quick change- Look up Amulet MFG - they are in north Idaho. I will find a link to the valve I used
Not real savvy on posting links, here’s a picture
Mount the selector valve in the hydraulic valve area, decide where to power it from, then on to a switch in the cab. You will have to have some new hoses made, and of course hoses for the thumb.
You can look here at some of what I have done to mine to make it suit my uses for it. Although not as fast as new machines I have found it smooth and of the three minis I have had I enjoy running this one the most due to its smooth operation
Do you happen to know where the valve is to change the controls?
And thank you for all the advice and the guidance. I just brought the machine home tonight after a 14 hour day of gong to get it and coming home. It is currently on Deere controls I run cat. It has a sticker showing iso and bhl but I cannot for the life of me find the valve
I have a PC75-UU-2 and it does not have a quick change pattern valve. We changed the pilot hoses.
Is there any info you can provide me with how to do this? Where to start thank you
I am guessing you are asking about the operation pattern? On mine there was no valve for control change. However someone had tried to change it to a different pattern. I changed it back to CAT pattern - the pattern shown on the window stickers. I did this by swapping the pilot control hoses at the joysticks pilot valve - it’s a valve body that sits right under the joysticks Hope this helps
Whoops I see this was replied to! It’s quite easy to swap the hoses at the joysticks- but a bit of a pain to get to them. Been long enough now, I don’t remember exactly how I did it. Seems like maybe I pulled the rubber boot up, then took the joystic handle Off. But the hoses come up from the bottom, so maybe have to take the plastic shroud off or at least take the bolts out to get to the hose fittings
There are 4 hoses on each joystick valve body. Once you look at it you will understand which ones you need to swap
If the machine has the sticker it likely has the pattern changer valve. As I recall they were either under the cab or behind it. There should be some small doors where you can look inside of for a lever. If not there will be a manifold block behind the cab somewhere. You can follow the small pilot hoses from the main control valve back to the manifold. The hoses normally lousy quick couplers on them for swapping things around.
Ben Uffex, a forum member here, emailed instructions on the procedure that were very easy to understand. You should be able to pull it up if you search PC75-UU-2 on this forum.
Would you be able to email them to me? I looked and could not find it. [email protected] Thank you!
Also does anyone know where to get the plastic side cover that goes over the hydraulic tank and batteries? Mine is cracked pretty bad
Komatsu sells it - but you won’t like the price! Try machinery trader, there is a section in there for machines people are parting out. I had no luck finding a good one so I made a new one - mine was missing entirely. My engine hood was cracked pretty bad, I was able to repair it with some aluminum straps screwed across the cracked areas then a couple layers of fiberglass cloth over it all, it still holding up perfect a year and a half in.
has anyone replaced a valve cover gasket on their pc75uu? anybody know the part number?
Any chance you have a link, email or phone number? I'm in need of a few Komatsu only pieces for my machine. The covers among them. Also the door and front lower glass. Thanks.