Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Linkbelt 1600 quantum control valve questions

Cariboo4x4 ยท 2019-08-08 00:00

I attached a pressure gauge to this quick connect behind boom. I think its the main control valve body and gauge said 1000 psi under full throttle no load. Going to put a hose in series tomorrow so I can see gauge by cab. See photos please and reply what you think that component is that gauge is testing. Gauge actually is vertical on machine. I'm hoping something may be obstructing main relief valve and this is the current pressure reading of main relief valve. I also noticed today under full throttle, in high speed mode one track will not go forward as I activate other track to go in reverse. Both tracks won't move. You can hear engine load up though. In low speed mode one track will turn fine and the other stays still when hand foot levers are actuated, one in forward and the other in reverse. Yet have to double check that in am. Going to do case drain test on travel motors once I figure out main relief valve.

Replies4
  1. #1Cariboo4x42019-08-08 00:06

    Looking at this photo I'm pretty sure that's main relief valve with lock nut to right of pressure gauge fitting. the orientation to the pressure gauge port looks very similar to schematic in service manual

  2. #2Cariboo4x42019-08-08 00:11

    Here's gauge reading. Maybe thats why tracks don't move properly? 1000 psi is 25% of what reading is supposed to be if the gauge is actually reading main relief pressure. I've already had main pump off engine and shop it checked out to be fine.

  3. #3John C.2019-08-08 10:41

    That elbow in the photo looks like a zinc coated piece of water pipe. Zinc is real bad on hydraulic systems and if it's water pipe you don't want to be around it if that machine hits normal system pressure.

  4. #4Cariboo4x42019-08-08 14:39

    Thank you John. I'll replace that with proper elbow material to be safe.