Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Info on snow pushers or other soloutions

Deeretime ยท 2010-11-22 22:21

I have been concidering going after alot of medium sised parking lots in town that need snow cleared and hauled away. I already have a contract for 500 oil leases and it is going well with the 744 and the 2 graders and a plow truck. But lately all of these people that bought a bobcat and think that theyre sompthing realy have me thinking that i could do much better with my 544 and a large snow push. I have 3 trucks and end dumps for snow but i think that our T300's and our roll off garbage bins would work better for hauling. Is a large snow push better than a standard 8' bucket or am i wasting my time being jealous of all the wanna bee's with their bobcats ! :beatsme

Replies6
  1. #1muzy2010-11-23 02:37

    Realy depends on a few things. But a standerd 8ft with cutting edge works well. Pile one day haul the next.( unless you like hauling the same load all night) Many parking lots have a lot of bull nose, so it is not as fast as one would think too clean. Curbs will take a beating unless you have a light touch. Gusse you realy need to look at the size of the lot and the obsicales. Wide open push would probly work. muzy Had a look whar a 544 is, that loader would do just fine with the right operator in it IMHO.

  2. #2rino14942010-11-23 06:05

    I have a 14' pusher on our 590SM. I would be crippled without it. There are a couple tight spots that I cannot get into, but I let the pick-ups handle that. The parking lots I do are medium sized to very large.

  3. #3zlssefi2010-11-23 07:03

    We plow for 3 private companies on an airport and use 9 pickups for scraping and backblading, and 3 loaders with pushers an 18' a 14' and a 12', the loaders move the heavier piles while the pickups do the cleanup work. Without pushers i bet the job would take double the time.

  4. #4salopez2010-11-23 07:12

    I run 16ft pushers on my loaders and they easily out push 5 trucks. you can blow away the comp. if you have loaders with pushers and they dont...

  5. #5Deeretime2010-11-23 13:51

    Ok well i have to build a push now, So i have a 16' snow wing that i can build from or I was thinking one of our 627 tires cut open and formed into a large push, not much good for hard pack but i wouldnt have to buy any concrete when im done !

  6. #6derekbroerse2010-11-24 13:12

    Save yourself the headache and buy one ready to go. They aren't that expensive. Paid $4200 for mine delivered.... lots of cheaper ones on the internet from independent welding shops. Look at ebay. See the Trojan 2000 post for a pic of mine, it's a shiny new 14' Buyers ScoopDogg...