Hi. I dragged home an early 70s MF30 skiploader yesterday, the industrial model with hyrdo. It looks like a piston (4 cyl Perkins diesel) is stuck. I couldn't spin it with the starter so pulled the injectors, didnt see water but a smidge of rust on tips of middle injectors. Pulled starter and attempted to turn engine over with bar and found crank is free but only rotates a few thousands, like i would expect with stuck rings. Pulled bolts from front hyraulic pump to make sure it wasn't siezed. I don't think a trans problem would cause that? I pour a lot of WD-40 and diesel down the injector holes hoping for a miracle, the the rings might free up in a few days. The next step is to pull head and pan, but it looks like the pan is a stressed member of the frame. Is there a recommendation to support the tractor before pulling the pan off? Do I need to pull off the front axle? Also going to need a wiring schematic to replace charging harness, I would really appreciate a copy of one.
No replies yet.