Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

where to buy tires

da'yoop ยท 2011-06-08 13:48

I'm thinking about getting new rear tires for my jd410. I plan on getting prices from the local shops and maybe looking at ebay but where else would be a good place to get tires? Any brands to stay away from?

Replies9
  1. #1BozrahFordman2011-08-04 09:36

    Does anyone know of a good source for used tires in the northeast? I need a tire for my Ford 555 loader/backhoe - size 16.9 x 28.

  2. #2whatwas2011-08-10 18:32

    I searched high and low for a used set 19.5X24 for my 580K until one tire buster told me that if he had any he would be asking 50% -75% of the price of new ones. So I bit the bullet and got new ones.......$1360 installed.

  3. #3shawneecat2011-08-18 18:55

    I have bee pricing ebay 14.9x24 $305.00 each plus shipping 13.6 x 24 $290.00 each plus freight

  4. #4shopteacher 12011-08-22 00:33

    I purchased two 16.9 x 28 on e-bay in February for $280. Then found a better single tire the same size at an equipment auction for $45. The tires at auction ran anywhere from $25-125. A local dealer who specializes is used tractor parts sells used tires for $200-300. Hope this helps.

  5. #5da'yoop2011-08-22 07:05

    I'm looking for 18.4 x 28........I like the $200-300 prices if they are half-way decent tires. They were $900 for new ones.

  6. #6grandpa2011-08-22 07:28

    Well if you can get tires for that price you better have ordered them yesterday. On Aug. 1 2011 alot of tire's (new) took a 35% increase....grrrrrrr. And they say there is no inflation in this country!!!!!!!!

  7. #7da'yoop2011-08-22 07:34

    that price was from about 3 months ago.......... probably not a good price now.

  8. #8grandpa2011-08-22 07:42

    Just for curiousity's sake you should call them and get a new quote... i'd bet is up 150 bucks higher now.

  9. #9da'yoop2011-08-22 07:45

    ya, think I will. That was a Pomp's price. You guys got Pomp's over there in Mn?