Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ingersoll Rand SD-40D Parts/Serial Number Assistance Needed

dieseldog5.9 ยท 2026-03-16 12:10

I own an Ingersoll Rand SD-40D Single drum roller, Machine Serial Number 142149 Ingersoll Rand was sold to Volvo, and my Volvo dealer is no help in getting any parts for this machine, and volvo aparently isnt supporting these older machines. I have to go back to Deere for some engine parts but the engine serial number tag is missing, and my local AG Deere dealer is going to loose his mind if I ask for construction parts again without a Serial number. I could use an engine serial number from a machine near that is the same vintage as my machine so I can talk with my deere dealer. There are some markings on the block that may be helpfull for someone brighter than me that would give a clue to what this engine is.

Replies5
  1. #1dieseldog5.92026-03-16 12:12

    More Pictures, hopefully they all come through.

  2. #2Diesel Dave2026-03-16 15:57

    No build code info tag on top of the engine valve cover ? Post a pic of the info tag on the injection pump.

  3. #3dieseldog5.92026-03-16 18:32

    I believe it is a pre powertech engine, and maybe a 300 series engine, according to a brochure I found online they reference a 4045DF150

  4. #4Diesel Dave2026-03-16 19:06

    Injection pump part # RE49360 . Used only on model 4039D , pre powertech for sure. Use Deere parts catalog # PC2305. Should help to sort out what items are used on your engine. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/navigation/equipment/1351 .

  5. #5mg23612026-03-16 19:39