Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ingersoll rand sp54 roller belt tension

Btad · 2024-06-16 10:12

I got a ingersoll rand sp-54 roller Just put new berings in the Vibratory And can not find any information on how tight to make the drive belt Thanks all

Replies6
  1. #1funwithfuel2024-06-16 10:32

    The power belts should be much more stable than individual V-bands. That said, do a little Google and visit websites like Dayco, Gates and Good Year. They have information regarding belt deflection. Whether it's a 16" or 60" span, they should spec the deflection for your chosen brand. When dealing with older equipment, as you are, the books are either long gone, on a micro-fiche forgotten somewhere or in someone's private stash that they forgot they have. In times like this, default to the suppliers information.

  2. #2Btad2024-06-16 12:12

    The only problem with the belt is the tension is constantly changing The drive motor is mounted to the frame the shaft is is mounted to the brum The drum is mounted to the frame with rubber isalator blocks So as the drum is going up and down the belt gets loes and tight

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-06-16 14:56

    Was a poor design on IR’s part for sure !! IIRC, the rubber drum isolators need to be in decent shape to limit the amount of drum travel in relation to the vibratory drive motor. In my one and only SP54 vibratory belt experience , I believe I tightened the banded joined belt gradually until it no longer slipped. At vibratory start up there was always a split second “chirp” sound from the belt that I could never eliminate.

  4. #4funwithfuel2024-06-16 17:53

    You can't adjust out all the deflection, you'll smoke your motor and bearings. Power belts are designed to "slap" a bit. You should see the drives on some screen boxes. Belts whipping almost a foot and a half. Leave slack, you'll be fine.

  5. #5Btad2024-06-17 09:41

    I am thinking about adding a ideler pulley To help with the tension

  6. #6Btad2024-07-28 09:24

    Sorry life has been crazy I did the power band belt And I works great Thank you all again