Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

inj pump leak

chas357 · 2019-02-08 08:24

good morning, can anyone tell me if a leak from throttle shaft can be fixed without a pump overhaul it is from a 1978 case 580c backhoe 207 motor roose master model d8 pump thanks charlie

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-02-08 11:43

    Welcome to HEF Chas ! pumpguy will chime in soon with some professional help.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2019-02-08 12:32

    IF the throttle is on the "open" side.. YES the oring can be replaced.. If its on the engine block side, I doubt it, not enough room to slide the shaft out. I don't recommend it tho, unless your selling the machine.. they have a tendency to find the next "weak" spot for any long term use.. It u need help or a pump break down w/ part #'s lemme know.. send me a prvt msg w/ your home email.. or just put > "at aol dot com" after my screen name in your home mail server..

  3. #3chas3572019-02-08 16:54

    Thanks for the quick reply throttle is on open side can you walk me through a fix ? [email protected] thanks

  4. #4thepumpguysc2019-02-09 01:28

    instructions sent.. Good Luck.

  5. #5Gilbert6032019-02-10 14:01

    I will actually be tackling this myself. I just did the best I could to remove the paint on the name plate without scratching it. The machine sat for a few weeks and Out of nowhere I suddenly have a decent leak coming from the throttle, made a mess of my new gravel driveway. Pump guy would you mind sending me the instructions as well? I’ll attach a pic of the name plate, I’m getting ready to order parts. Thanks!