John Deere Nippondenso pump on 4045 engine: The engine is pinned to dead center on the #1 piston, what cylinder should the injection pump be firing at? The front cover is on. It builds oil pressure as soon as I spin it over. Need to know what cylinder should the injection pump be firing at. Thanks!
Welcome to HEF ESTES I’m assuming the engine is Tier3, High pressure common rail. You have an engine serial number ?
#1 of course.. if ur asking it’s location, simply follow the steel line from the pump to the injector..
If it is a Denso, it is either an in-line injection pump or a HPCR pump. If the tag says Nippondenso, it is an in-line pump, because of the timeline of the name, while the HPCR pumps have the abbreviated Denso on the tag. Nippondenso changed their corporate name to the shortened version back in 90's.
I have an hpcr and I can't find any information on time it to the engine. Any help would be appreciated
Welcome to HEF homehydraulics ! Will need specific information, such as engine serial number and the machine serial number if it is in a Deere machine.
On the hpcr you would turn the engine by the flywheel until the timing pin locks the engine. Then on the front cover, just above the hp pump, there is a boss style plug. I believe it takes a 1” wrench. Remove that plug and look in the hole. If you see a small arrow, you are timed up and ready to remove the pump. If not, turn the engine 1 revolution until it pins again.