Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Injector

Catr · 2024-07-07 12:33

I can’t seem to find injectors that are compatible with this model number. What is the obvious that I’m overlooking or not fully understanding. The (-2) is where my confusion and problems enter. Thanks in advance.

Replies9
  1. #1chidog2024-07-07 14:10

    Just me but I'd go to the dealer parts department and have them figure it out.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2024-07-07 19:16

    5.9 L with a CPL of 8485

  3. #3Catr2024-07-08 17:12

    Is this not a normal cpl for a 5.9? Komatsu nor Cummins seem to have any injectors. My plan now is take one apart and see what’s involved in a rebuild?

  4. #4epirbalex2024-07-08 18:47

    I've just had a pump resealed etc and found the Komatsu dealership hands them along to a specialist pump repair shop . They have their own supply lines for parts for pumps including Injectors . Yours is a newish machine giving less a problem .

  5. #5funwithfuel2024-07-08 19:37

    Komatsu PN 6736-13-3100. As thepumpguysc had already mentioned it's a Cummins 5.9. The shame if it all is it has a Komatsu engine tag. Cummins won't sell the parts under the engine serial number. Maybe with the OEM thepumpguysc can hook you up or rebuild yours.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2024-07-08 20:08

    Save yourself some heartache.. DO NOT TRY to take them apart.!! The alignment pins will shear off..& u can’t buy them.. You’ll end up buying an injector. I’d be happy to test and rebuild them if needed..

  7. #7epirbalex2024-07-09 07:06

    You will still have to find a supplier for parts , one that more than likely swap repaired injectors needing yours for repair , not in bits .

  8. #8funwithfuel2024-07-09 07:10

    New guy, 2 replies. Let's see if he comes back. If so, an avenue has been provided by a known reputable member.

  9. #9thepumpguysc2024-07-09 08:12

    I just hope he heeds the warning.!! I did a set not long ago and just for kicks looked on the web for them.. I was 100.00 cheaper A PIECE.!! I laughed and told the customer, I gotta raise my prices.. lol