Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Injector pump removal

rutwad ยท 2014-10-25 07:13

I cannot get the injector pump of a Case 530 CK. I slide it back as far as it will go, but is stopped by a fuel filter bracket while still on the shaft in the front. The shaft should not come out with the pump, correct? I also noticed that pushing the shaft back toward the front of the tractor caused it to come back like it is pressing a spring or something. I'm LOST!! Moderators, I started another thread SETTING TIMING but could not figure out how to edit the title. Sorry for almost duplicate posts.

Replies8
  1. #1rutwad2014-10-25 23:00

    Picture What am I doing wrong??? :Banghead

  2. #2Moonlite2014-10-25 23:11

    Tapered shaft where it goes onto timing gear you gotta take the nut off that holds the gear on injecter pump shaft. And pull gear loose from shaft. Then you should be able to pull the pump and shaft out together. Also did you time the engine before you pulled the pump loose?

  3. #3willie592014-10-25 23:25

    That's a Stanadyne pump, the pump is designed to "pull off of" the shaft. But before you do that you should pull the throttle lever to full fuel position and tie it off there with tie wire to prevent dropping the governor weights. But no worries, injection shop can fix that. Remove that fuel filter housing and pull that thing outa there.

  4. #4willie592014-10-25 23:27

    Oh, and replace the butterfly seals on the shaft before you re-install the pump.

  5. #5Moonlite2014-10-25 23:32

    Your right willy. I just was thinking about him rolling the seals over when put back together.

  6. #6bvfdfire2014-10-25 23:34

    I still member em as Roosamasters lol.

  7. #7rutwad2014-10-26 01:13

    That's what I have finally decided, remove the filter housing. But I had this pump off a while back and didn't have to remove the filter housing.

  8. #8ScottAR2014-10-26 01:26

    What they said. The main wrench I go to for advice told me a couple things to avoid rolling the seals. Take some light grease (I used engine assembly grease) and lube the shaft and the seals. Put the first one on from one end of the shaft and then install the second from the other end of the shaft, pulling it over the first. Easier to do than it sounds but one does need the shaft out of the gear housing.