Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Injectors

partsandservice ยท 2018-11-04 11:51

Who made these injectors? They came out if a Komatsu WA80 engine.

Replies14
  1. #1Tenwheeler2018-11-04 19:24

    Same company as the name on the injection pump or ask Con Equipment.

  2. #2John C.2018-11-04 20:19

    I've worked on a lot of Komatsu and never seen a nozzle like that.

  3. #3partsandservice2018-11-04 21:59

    Nor have I.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2018-11-05 04:21

    Those are either Zexel or Denso injectors.. Simple.. If you wire wheel THE OUTSIDE, they'll have a # code on them.. Don't hit the tip !!! I do them all the time.. They're usually matched to a PRF pump.. The pump sits down in its own cambox.. held down by 4 bolts on the corners of the pump.

  5. #5partsandservice2018-11-05 23:13

    My pump shop guy says they are Zexel. However, on this particular engine it does not have the PRF pump. I am familiar with that style injection pump. I have seen them on the compact farm tractors. Dropped these injectors at the pump shop along with six QSB injectors, got to be saving up pennies to pay that bill! Thanks for all the help.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2018-11-06 05:48

    U wouldn't have to save "that much" if u had sent the Zexel's to South Carolina.!!! I'll bet u my pinky finger they charge u about 60.00-80.00 PER inj. for the Zexels..

  7. #7partsandservice2018-11-06 08:07

    Yeah,. I guess I am just accustomed to way I have always done things and did not even think about sending them one state over. ( I will on the next round) But the Zexel injectors are not the ones I need to be saving up for... it's those electrical Bosch common rail injec. New replacement are about 900 each,. 5400 six. A six pack kit is available for much less but the six pack is on indefinite backorder from Cummins , but hey they have plenty of singles on hand. I hope some are within spec. pumpguysc, can you repair the common rail injectors? We are currently removing a Qsc8.3 common rail for rebuild and addressing the injectors is always part of the rebuild.

  8. #8thepumpguysc2018-11-06 08:39

    Dam kids.. ya cant trust'm.. Lol No, not set up to do common rail.. For THAT KINDA MONEY PER INJECTOR, u have any idea how much the equipment costs??!! Actually its not that much.. BUT what the end user is paying for is, admission into the "Bosch Club".. Cuz the NEW RULE IS>The fuel shops HAD TO BUY a 100K injector test stand FROM BOSCH.. inorder to buy parts & get the information AND keep their authorization.!! You CANT SELL enough injectors to pay for the machine.!! .. SO.. the end user/customer is paying for it.. its a monopoly.. plain & simple.. SO EVEN IF u decided not to do injectors.. u LOSE YOUR BOSCH AUTHORIZATION.!!!!! That means PUMPS !!! Basically.. shutting down abunch of fuel shops.!! I'm not about to play that game.. THATS NOT what I'm about.. I'm here to help folks out.. NOT keep Bosch in business..& screw the customer..

  9. #9kshansen2018-11-06 16:09

    Not sure I'd take that bet, the pinky is probably the one he just messed up and it would not be worth much on the open market!

  10. #10partsandservice2018-11-06 16:22

    It would be my thumb..

  11. #11partsandservice2018-11-06 16:31

    So I just got a call from the pump shop in regards to Qsb injectors. They said 5 out the six are on the outer range for leakage. The one injector that was good I had replaced about two months ago before the engine went to blowing oil. They priced me new Bosch for 416.00 each, not bad especially compared to cummins reman price I stated earlier. But if only buy five injectors I will have to pay 300.00 for the testing. If I buy six they will wave the fee. I am going to get all six and stow that one good for later for 116.00 dollars more. No word on the Zexels yet.

  12. #12thepumpguysc2018-11-06 17:29

    hahahaha Hansen.. your right.. if I lost, I was gonna givem the cut one.hahahaha Yeah, that's another trick/game they play>> the injector calibration game.."we wont charge ya IF.." {I hate it} Ur doin the right thing..get all 6..

  13. #13partsandservice2018-11-19 21:32

    The injectors did not fix it. But only cost 100.00. I have determined that pump is defective. There is no fuel coming out of the pump housing with the overflow valve( office type) completely removed with engine at idle. Attempted to remove the pump and quickly ran into the five point inverted tamper resistant torx bits. Tried to get customer call Komatsu , I was told to get the tools and pull the pump. I have now got the tools, yet to pull pump. Also have gained some engine and pump timing instructions.

  14. #14thepumpguysc2018-11-20 06:52

    Snap a pic of the pump..