Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Inserts working out

zhkent ยท 2025-10-26 10:29

16G 93U 1594 I'm looking for the installation procedure for the inserts into the cap and adapter, I am probably setting to loose. So a few years ago I replace the Adapter, Draft Bolt and Cap to go to inserts rather than the grease type. My book shows part #s 8d-4216 or 2g-7463 for the inserts. The inserts stay in a while. I work loose dirt from the terracer and the top of my moldboard is heaped with dirt after the day. I like to swing the blade out to the side to dump that dirt off. My theory is improper installation, leading to inserts working out when center shifting out the side. I also always have to shift out to the left side because of the gps mast.

Replies3
  1. #1bccat2025-10-26 11:07

    Jpaydirt on YouTube has an excellent video on just this, he has a 14g, same setup. Cheers

  2. #2Nige2025-10-26 11:32

    It's not hard. See attached.

  3. #3zhkent2025-10-26 14:11

    Thanks guys!