Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

install rear hydraulics on JD450C dozer

ggeh ยท 2021-04-03 10:44

Can anyone tell me how to install rear hydraulics on a jd450c dozer. I have a drag I want to pull and it has 3 hydraulic rams, one for the hitch and two for front and rear wheels for transport. I need to know where I can tap in to the hydraulics and should I use a 12 volt solenoid multiplier or a manual valve block? My 450c has a 3 spool control valve for the blade. On the rear of that valve there's the return oil pipe and a plug below that I'm not sure but I think that's for aux hydraulics. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks, ggeh

Replies2
  1. #1Orest Anhel2021-04-03 21:46

    My 450C has a single spool valve for the manual dozer. There is a power beyond provision which threads into on of the plugged off ports on the valve for high flow hydraulics mainly running a backhoe attachment. With this provision there must always be return flow either through the control valve of the implement you are running or the pressure and return hoses must be hooked together otherwise hydraulic pump damage is likely to occur and the machine will be sluggish or even stall as hydraulic pump output is being dead ended.

  2. #2epirbalex2021-04-04 00:12

    friend of mine put rippers on a D50 Komatsu with a diverter valve , don't know if it was on the feed to the main control bank or after it , he was told it would never work , could be because it was not Komatsu and cheaper , worked without problem . Either way the flow through it would have to be equal to or more than the Komatsu control bank otherwise its gong to heat your oil . A D21 Komatsu next door has a hydraulic winch fitted to it , one not designed for a dozer . Neighbour has to get of his dozer , lift up a side panel to operate the diverter then return to his seat to use the winch using one of the blade function controls . The D50 had a remote cable to operate the valve while the D21 should have . I see no reason why an electrical operated valve could not be used . There is another issue , the oil capacity of your dozer needs to be checked to operate the rams .