Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Installed a Thumb

wrenchbender ยท 2007-03-18 22:35

100 Komatsu needed a thumb and actually it was in a very clean spot. No mud, a new thumb and brackets a real pleasure to weld on. This is not the ordinary conditions I work in. Took a few pics

Replies9
  1. #1wrenchbender2007-03-18 22:37

    A few more

  2. #2Countryboy2007-03-19 00:06

    Thats some nice welding ya got going on there Wrenchbender. :thumbsup How long have you been welding?

  3. #3Lashlander2007-03-19 00:43

    It pays to hang out at the Hobart site.:yup

  4. #4wrenchbender2007-03-19 08:04

    CB, Thanx, I've been welding for about 37 years now. Lashlander, How true it is that place tought me how to.............post pics There's a lot of good stuff going on over there I enjoy it as well.

  5. #5rino14942007-03-19 17:50

    Nice weld you did there......now get some touch up paint and finish her up. :drinkup

  6. #6dayexco2007-03-19 18:02

    tell me that you use smith torches, and i'll tell you what a wonderful job you did

  7. #7wrenchbender2007-03-19 20:19

    Thanx, rino the owner said he'll be doing the touch up as there are a few more spot to do as well. dayexco, as a matter of fact I do own an old Smith smoke axe. I keep it in the shop and run a Victor on the portable rig.

  8. #8dayexco2007-03-19 20:56

    wrench, my wife is the HRD of smith equipment. take that victor and smash it with your 2 lb.

  9. #9wrenchbender2007-03-19 22:03

    Hey, no can do I wouldn't let the Smith stay on the rig but the Victor is always on there. They're both very good sets and I have no clomplaints on either. The Smith is probly as old as I am and the Victor maybe 40 years old. They both have real glass lens on the regs if that tells ya anything about the age on'em. But at least now if the Smith ever gives trouble I know who to contact. How long does the warranty cover the Smith anyway? Should be good for at least 50 or so years lol I know it ran out last week darnit!