I was rebuilding the bell housing tranny to replace seal and when I pulled pumps off one had a small crack in housing end. (have a picture on previous post) So rebuilt housing and got a remanned pump. Prior to this the machine was working fine. When I looked at crack it has been that way for a long time... I pulled part of the broken piece back and it was black with oil residue. Anyway put all back together and digs great but when tracking it will slowly work to one direction. I talked to the guy at pump shop and told him I would have pressure gauges on pumps to adjust them. He said the pumps wont need adjusting they are plug and play, the adjustments on pumps are only for power curves. You need to adjust at the main pressure setting NOT at the pumps. Common sense tells me if pumps arent replaced at same time you would at least have to equalize them wouldnt you ? Prior to all this machine track perfectly straight. I need some clearing up here. Thanks for any help.
Pressure wouldn't be your problem, more flow from the tighter rebuilt pump could be.
That sounds about right... I guess there's no real way to adjust flow is there ?
That's outside my pay grade, but perhaps if you posted the specific machine, someone would know.
Its a hitachi ex300 lc -3 ..Appreciate the info !
Yes the flow is adjustable. hire a pro to do it.
Lol...Thanks cutting edge...Thats why im on this forum...to keep from hiring a "pro" . I've been down that road with some so called "pros"... Paid them there fees and still dont seem to get anywhere !
@ Deeretracks, (from accidental duplicate post) Yep.. that is exactly what he told me at the hydraulic pump place. So question is do I carefully adjust at pump or control valve. Thanks
ok then....on the front/top of the pump is your regulator. There is a 30mm lock nut on a square 13mm adjuster stud. turning this square adjuster in/out will decrease/increase pump flow. Start there.
Yes, get the hyds to operating temp and raise one track off the ground. Mark one pad and from a running start, use a stopwatch to time 3 revolutions. Do that for both sides. Adjust your pump regulator to match track speeds. Sorry, I don't have EX300 specs to give you.
Cutting Edge, Deere Tracks...Cant thank you guys enough! :notworthy Seems the "mechanics" in my area aren't well educated on track hoes . Sure do appreciate the help. I will make sure and mark the original setting on the pump. :drinkup
Hey guys...made some adjustments to the pump today...tracking a little better. I have only turned the adjuster not much over 1/8 turn out. Has anyone ever turned it out over a 1/4 turn. It could stand to go a little more. Just not sure if I should. What do you think ?
giver
By the way I did NOT turn the slotted screw... only the square nut behind it. Just curious what does the slotted screw adjust?
Giver? As in giver another turn out..
cant remember off the top of my head what the little screw does ...but yeah,if youve only turned it 1/8 youu could stand to give it another 1/8. ...After you get her tracking straight,we could get into checking pulldowns and cycle times........
The small screw in the center is the max flow adjustment.
Alright fellas... i believe ill adjust a little more. Probably best to leave that little screw alone.