I was rebuilding the bell housing tranny to replace seal and when I pulled pumps off one had a small crack in housing end. (have a picture on previous post) So rebuilt housing and got a remanned pump. Prior to this the machine was working fine. When I looked at crack it has been that way for a long time... I pulled part of the broken piece back and it was black with oil residue. Anyway put all back together and digs great but when tracking it will slowly work to one direction. I talked to the guy at pump shop and told him I would have pressure gauges on pumps to adjust them. He said the pumps wont need adjusting they are plug and play, the adjustments on pumps are only for power curves. You need to adjust at the main pressure setting NOT at the pumps. Common sense tells me if pumps arent replaced at same time you would at least have to equalize them wouldnt you ? Prior to all this machine track perfectly straight. I need some clearing up here. Thanks for any help.
I have never heard of a plug and play hyd pump. Every one I've installed on an excavator I've at least checked the settings. I would actually be shocked if a machine tracked straight w/o any adjustment.
Please don't start duplicate threads about a topic, this causes confusion keeping up with multiple threads about the same subject. Comments about the topic can be made at this thread. > HeavyEquipmentForums