My Case 9010B has Heat but no AC. I would like to put AC in it and called Case to see about getting it installed. The service manager told me that there is a kit they can install that looks and operates just like it came from the factory. All the brackets, under the seat evaporator, condenser and control panel. $10,000, installed. I almost fell out of my seat when he gave me that price. Now, there's got to be a way to install AC for way less then that. We have a Minzi Muck at work that has a Roof mounted self contained unit mounted on the roof. Kinda like the roof mounted units on a RV. Except this one is a little bit more heavy duty. Has anyone added AC to their machines that can help me out or steer me in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.
I restored my 1995 20 tonner and got the aircon back up and running. The system hadnt been running in years and I replaced the compressor, condenser, hoses, and drier for about $3500us. Fortunately my evaporator, blower and wiring were in good shape. I did look at the roof mount option which I can’t recall the price but it was close to what I had to put into the original system so I didn’t go down that path, plus those roof top ones look hideous and add extra height to the cab and are susceptible to being hit by a wayward branch or rock.
Correction, $3500au, so about $2600us. The guy who did mine ran his own show doing agricultural and forestry machines in my district. He had big catalogs of parts he could get from all around the world that he could put together and build a system for just about any machine, it was quite impressive. I would of thought twice about going through with it if I had to pull the blower and evaporator out and try to fit an aftermarket one in behind the the seat with all the other wiring and hoses, would of been easier to go the roof system.
Welcome to the Forums! Reddot is a leader in the aftermarket industrial A/C world. https://www.reddotcorp.com/off-the-shelf-hvac-units.html
When I worked at the Case dealership when the "B" series was newish we used a Reddot system. We removed the rear glass and made a tub to fit in place of rear glass to fit all the components in. We used the OEM Case compressor brackets and belt.
Contact AP Air out of Iowa. Best place I have found anywhere for A/C parts