Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EC280

efnfast ยท 2022-06-12 18:46

I bought a Volvo EC280, it's a Volvo, how bad could it be. Well, there are about 3 E280's in the states. Currently the rotator gear box is out, the seal is leaking like crazy. Got a quote of 6 grand to get one (a new gear box) here from Europe.

Replies9
  1. #1uffex2022-06-13 04:18

    Good day A bit of a surprise to me many of the Turbo;s did not appreciate the hydraulic oil cooling effect. The box is a bought in component as I recall "Bonfiglioli" comes to mind, rebuild should be straight forward replace those bottom bearings along with the seal, see attached. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2efnfast2022-06-13 07:09

    You wouldn't happen to have part numbers to go along with that, would you?

  3. #3uffex2022-06-13 10:44

    Good day Efnfast I will try to get those for you, however the bearings and seal are stock stuff. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4sfrs42022-06-13 11:33

    Hi efnfast, its not good news unfortunately, with it not being a common machine Volvo have already stopped supplying parts by the looks of it, anything with CS ( contact support ) basically means we don't stock that anymore. but the part numbers are there, you never know someone may have some N.O.S somewhere.

  5. #5efnfast2022-06-13 18:45

    I hear that a lot, parts are NLA.

  6. #6funwithfuel2022-07-16 20:22

    I have had good success with sourcing bearings and seals through local parts house provided you don't destroy the seal and bearing. SKF and CR are available everywhere and that's that. Just match the mfrs part numbers and your golden. In the off chance that you damage the part number, you've always got the dimensions. You almost can't lose. Almost. Good luck.

  7. #7uffex2022-07-17 02:54

    Good day If I recall correctly the transmission was a imported part if you could establish the maker it is also a possibilty of parts. Kind regards Uffex

  8. #8efnfast2022-07-17 07:54

    Finally got the seal out, apparently there is a special socket needed. Well, the seal is out and a new one on order. I have a guy doing this, so I don't have much more info than that.

  9. #9efnfast2022-08-08 19:09

    Oh, that is real good to hear.