Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Installing Aux Hyd to a 1845c Case

thehemikid · 2011-11-26 00:27

I went to look at a 92 Case 1845c today, & it didn't have the Aux Hyd. (which I need/want). Does the Aux Hyd "T" into some other existing lines or does it have its own pump? In other works, is it simple or expensive to add on. This Skid was already at the top of my price range so I didn't want to take that gamble, ...not knowing. I know its easier to just look for another, but I'd like to know?

Replies31
  1. #1Ronsii2011-11-26 01:29

    I have one ripped apart in the shop and if I recall it shares flow from another function, it's too dark and late to run to the shop right now and I don't see the manual within arms reach either so if no one else chimes in I will check tomorrow and find out just where it gets power from.

  2. #2thehemikid2011-11-26 01:44

    Sounds good, ...appreciate it.

  3. #3thehemikid2011-11-26 02:44

    Sounds like this other thread is covering a lot of what I was looking for. Even has a pic of the hose a tubing lay-out, but wish the page 2 pic would blow-up a little more clear.

  4. #4thebighammer2011-11-26 15:46

    i also am working on a 1845c i work on deere mostly .how do you check the chain case oil

  5. #5alrman2011-11-26 17:38

    Does it have inspection covers? - Check this thread - HeavyEquipmentForums

  6. #6thehemikid2011-11-26 21:04

    This pic gets a little fuzzy when I blow it up to where I can't quite tell which ports the Aux Hyd feed from & return to.

  7. #7thehemikid2011-11-26 21:09

    Another pic. Is this the right Control Valve for the 1845c. If so, can anyone point out which ports are the Aux feed & return?

  8. #8Ronsii2011-11-26 21:15

    Here is a pic of the aux valve and pumps I marked it up to show where the lines were going to and from. Hope this helps I just noticed the post above mine... the aux valve is separate from the main loader valve. and in case it is not clear all loader functions AND aux are driven from pump #2 and part #4 in the above schematic is the plug where the aux valve gets its power.

  9. #9alrman2011-11-26 22:48

    Hemi - Does your machine have no standard auxiliary valve under the floorplate? Or are you wanting to instal hi-flow aux kit to the machine? I've never seen a Case skid steer over here without the std aux. valve under the floorplate.........

  10. #10thehemikid2011-11-27 00:22

    I don't have a Skid (yet), ...I went Friday, to look/buy a 92 Case 1845c that was for sale, & it didn't have the Aux Hyd on it, so I passed on that account. I told him I may check back with him if adding the Aux Hyd isn't too complicated/expensive. I'm trying to see how hard/expensive it would be to install it. If it is not that big-a-deal I may go back to buy it. I assumed that the 1845c's had the Aux Hyd as standard equip, but I was wrong. I'm trying to do a quick crash course on this to see if it can be added later (if not too expensive), then I "might" go back Monday/Tuesday to buy. Of course, I could wait & look for another Skid, but like I said earlier, ...I'd like to know, cause I will probably run into another without it. I want the Aux for a Grapple attachment.

  11. #11alrman2011-11-27 01:44

    That's wierd, cause I thought the aux hyd for 4in1 bucket were std equipment. Maybe the pipes got damaged somehow & were removed? Lift the floorplate & see if the valve is there - that will be the major expense if you were to fit it up. Maybe Goose or KSSS can confirm this?

  12. #12thehemikid2011-11-28 02:12

    Thanks, Ronsii for the time & effort that went into that Picture/info of the Hyd's under the foot plate. That's a big help. yep, I was figuring too that the Aux valve might be expensive, thanks again. I browsed around again today looking for a skid with the Aux a found one about the same distance away as the other. Think I'll go look at that one & save myself some trouble This one has Aux, ready to go & has chains to boot! Thanks guys.

  13. #13franklinute2011-11-28 09:56

    I bought a new 1840 Case many years ago and it did not have auxilary hydraulics. I bought a kit from the dealer to add it on but sold the machine without it. Probably won't be correct for a 1845 but I will check my parts storage and see if I have the kit # and instructions.

  14. #14thehemikid2011-11-28 20:27

    Hey, franklinute, its ok now, I fixed the problem by going to look at another 1845c that has Aux Hyd .....& bought it today, with OTT tracks too. So, now I don't have to figure out the Aux pluming.

  15. #15kcp2012-02-21 09:00

    I have an 1840 case without aux. Have been trying to figure out how to go about putting one on myself. Thats how i got here. Would like to know more about kits & where to get them if possible. A used system would be fine with me. [email protected] thanks kcp

  16. #16PAULTEX2012-02-25 12:00

    I am new to the forum and have owner of a recently acquired 1996 Case 1845C with new starting problems. Keep in mind that I do not have prior experience with this equipment but want to learn. The first problem is that I need to find out how to remove the battery. With the bucket down and unable to start the skid, is there a panel that has to be removed in order to pull battery out?? I needed to ask someone and thought you might know the answer.

  17. #17Jeepwalker2012-02-25 17:15

    I would suggest starting a new thread with your question..

  18. #18iowawrench2013-02-01 14:02

    franklinute, Do you still have this kit you purchased from the dealer? I'm trying to help a coworker with his 1840 Case and would be very interested in that kit if you were interested in selling it. Let me know! Thanks, Scott

  19. #19franklinute2013-02-01 14:25

    Yes I still have it. Brand new. I'll get the part # off the tag today.

  20. #20CRAFT2013-02-01 21:57

    Welcome to the Forum ! ……. the battery is under the seat, you will be able to get at it with the boom up or down it does not matter …………….. when you get enough posts you will be able to start new threads … cheers

  21. #21iowawrench2013-02-07 13:37

    franklinute, Any luck with the part number(s) for that kit?

  22. #22franklinute2013-02-08 18:00

    Yes I found the parts. Here are the part #s Case No. 61-95808 On the card attatched to the parts: D18158 Hyd D18166 Diverter Valve 1 bundle of tubes w bags attached PM me with your email and I will send more info with pics of the parts.

  23. #23iowawrench2013-02-08 23:40

    I don't know that I can PM as a new member it seems? That or I'm dumb. Can you PM me your email and I can email you back?

  24. #24franklinute2013-02-10 16:41

    PM sent

  25. #25Lightning Bolt2013-05-11 00:08

    Bump it up !! :drinkup My new project is an older 1845c and it is set up with high flow but I really want to add a 4 in1 bucket, any ideas?

  26. #26Joemt2018-03-14 07:31
  27. #27Joemt2018-03-14 07:31

    Did you sell the Kit? or do you still have it

  28. #28scruff2018-07-24 17:02

    hi I have a Case 1845C skidsteer .someone had disconected the lines to the high flow hydrolics. It has low flow and high flow aux. Hyd. on it . the valve that changed from low to high flow was wrecked. I just had it fixed and I need a detailed instructions of how to connect the lines and the five plugs on the valve . I can see some lines were changed so it still ran the boom but the aux Hyd would not work. I purchased a shop manual but it only shows the low flow aux hyd and the valve is different .any help is appreciated.

  29. #29alrman2018-07-24 18:31

    Welcome to HEF @scruff Here's a pic straight from the parts book. It shows the layout reasonably well.

  30. #30alrman2018-07-24 22:56

    @scruff It would seem you have a bi-directional valve - here is a pic which will assist in for hose layout Re the wiring you may need to talk to a dealer as these kits were optional on all these 1800 series skid steers. I don't have any schematics on this Possibly someone here may chime in, but these models are getting on in age a little.......

  31. #31scruff2018-07-24 23:13

    Thanks l hope so because I am at a loss trying to find information on how to connect everything