Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case3 1830 won’t start

ronb0803 ยท 2011-11-26 09:33

I have a case 1830 that will not start. I noticed it was't getting any fuel so I changed the fuel filter and gas is getting to the carb but it will not start. It was running but the exhaust seemed to be a bit darker than ussual then it was having trpouble then stopped. Thoughts on what to look for? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Komatsu 1502011-11-27 16:29

    Well besides the gas engine obvious stuff our 1830 liked new points and condenser fairly often when we were running it a lot. The service manual calls for new points at some ridiculous frequency like 50 or 100 hours. I don't remember exactly but pretty often.

  2. #2Komatsu 1502011-11-27 16:32

    Another thing on these is that the governor set up is truly awful. Stroking the throttle lever will not necessarily work the carb throttle unless everything is just perfect. Makes it hard to clear a flooded engine.

  3. #3shoeguy2011-12-08 19:39

    any one have a service manual I can download for a case 1830