Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Installing brake piston in track drive on Hitachi EX60

Jon46 ยท 2021-12-04 10:51

I am not able to get the brake piston with new D rings too slide into place in the track drive completely on an EX 60. The outer ring will not slide in. Any suggestions from experience please?

Replies4
  1. #1BigWrench552021-12-04 11:44

    This is a tool made for jobs like that. You don't necessarily need to have this but something similar around the shop should do.

  2. #2Jon462021-12-05 07:54

    Thanks Paul. What thickness and diameter are these?

  3. #3Dave Neubert2021-12-05 09:21

    lube it up good and put steady pressure on it it should go in

  4. #4BigWrench552021-12-05 12:09

    It's roughly a 6" Teflon disk. I don't know the thickness. You just slip between the piston and housing and work it around until the piston drops in. I have used feeler gauges before, but you run the risk of cutting the seal if you get to aggressive with the feeler gauges.