Plan to install a block heater on my 892E, and was wondering where the port is that it is supposed to go in? The service manual talks about that the heater element needs to point towards the front, and to center the element between hitting the casting in both directions, but it does not say where it is to be installed. It has a threaded adapter, so it doesnt press into a freeze plug. Thanks
Is it a big threaded adapter? like 1 1/2" with an o ring? Deere engines have a coolant port on the middle of the block on the left side pointing at an angle down with a big hex head, that should be the port.
I am drawing a blank on the particulars of that block. If you can post a picture of both sides of the block (if you can), especially the side under the intake manifold.
I’ll look for a threaded plug and take pics, should be back at the machine tomorrow.
I assume its this plug.
looks right from here.