Hello all, I have a question and need your opinions on something. My dad and I are in the process of buying a 98 Ford 9500 Tandem Dump truck. the truck has a 3406E Cat engine but no engine brake. the dealer we are buying the truck from contacted a garage that they use and said it would be no problem installing one and worked it in to get done. The only problem is that the truck has been in the garage for TWO weeks. I understand holdups in waiting on switches and things like that, but the latest hold up has been the garage waiting on wiring schematics and harnesses from Ford. I haven't been in contact with the garage, only the dealer, but this is getting frustrating. I am not a mechanic, but I have a cousin and a friend who are and they wonder what the hold up is too. Its just been a frustrating last 2 weeks and for my dad and I. I didn't know if you guys may have had similar experiences and that its that complicated of a job, or if the garage is just incompetent. Thanks in advance, Scott
It's really not all that hard to wire up the engine brake. What brand are they installing? Also is the truck prewired and does it already have switches for a engine brake on the dash? If it does this may be why they are waiting for a wiring diagram. If not its easy to just install a switches on the dash.