Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Installing MiniEx Clamp Pins

PearOrchard ยท 2020-12-08 17:04

I'm trying to replace a cracked cylinder on my Bobcat miniEX. I was able to knock the pins out with some difficulty. Now tryint to reinstall them and they seem way too big. I even tried freezing them and heating the brackets and got them in about an inch before they stopped moving. How tight do these pins need to be? How to the "pros" do it? A press?

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2020-12-08 22:37

    Nope, I have never removed/installed a pin on any size excavator that required more than tapping with a hammer. Bigger pin, bigger tapper. Are they hanging up in the new cylinder bores, or the lugs? Pictures? You may have swelled the ends if you had to beat them up to force them out?

  2. #2PearOrchard2020-12-09 17:44

    Thanks for your response. After running some 50grit sand paper over the pin, I was able to drive the pin in. It may have been what you said. The ends were swollen. Thanks for your help.