I have a 1987 426 cat that is 2wd, I would like to plow my driveway with it in the winter but 2wd won’t cut the mustard without chains. It has 19.2x24 tires on it that barely clear the cab. There are only about 1” of clearance between the cab and the sidewall. Has anyone put a different size tire on or made wheel spacers to accommodate tire chains on a machine like this? Thanks.
Would turning the rims inside to outside help ? If you do get enough inside clearance will there be enough room on the outside of the fender to allow the tire move out far enough. I had to have 1 inch wide spacers made for my front wheels after I mounted wider tires. The spacers worked perfectly. Here is where I bought them. I am not promoting this particular shop. If it violates forum advertising rules --Mods please delete the info.