Moffett model: TM 50.3, sn: J490350A The main lift cylinder has a valve block attached (welded) to the barrel that has corroded into a cartridge valve port beyond repair. I need someone more knowledgeable than me to tell me if I can build a replacement valve block that will work safely, from available parts. I have checked with oem and the integrated cylinder is available as a unit ($5000+) but I only need the valve block and 1 cartridge valve. The machine is 15 or so years old and I'm hopping to spend a few hundred rather than thousands. A used part would be great but no luck finding one. I have the block detached from the cylinder and will try to post photos. Strictly controls direction of lift boom with fork carriage and prevents movement up or down unless machine is running and hydraulic pressure is present. I can't seem to attach photos to this post but I can email if anyone feels they may be able to help. Thank you
With the block and the cylinder, any competent hydraulic cylinder shop, should be able to make/ machine the body, for a available load check/ holding valve. You will need to know the pressure specification. Not likely to get it done for hundreds of dollars, but I think $1,500- 2000 might get it done, unless you can do the machine shop work yourself, i.e. you have a mill/ lathe and can machine the block. They may want to check the i.d. of the bore of the cylinder after welding the block back to the cylinder. Rewelding the block back on may distort the inside diameter, depending on the wall thickness of the cylinder.
Question, does the value block have to be on the cylinder or can it be mounted else were? Relocating and running hoses to it may a simpler option. Valve blocks can be purchased from a decent hydraulic supplier to match the valve cartridge.
Thank you for your response. I think I may have the components located but if they don't come through, I will make a trip to a cylinder shop like you suggest. I'm in a rural area but have a choice of Knoxville, Greenville, Atlanta all within 2-3 hour drive.
From my studies. I think as a safety issue the block must be hardline plumbed to each end of the cylinder to remove a potential hose failure between check valves and cylinder. I do think I've located a dual valve block that can work. Thank you