Hi, Does anyone know how to separate the rubber pipe from the aluminium manifold in these type of systems? After removing the clamp I can see an additional collar that appears fairly well fixed. I fear damaging it if I use too much force. cheers
Take a large flat tip screw driver and pry it loose. Or give it a good whack with a dead blow. I work on those everyday day. The rubber boot is tougher than the aluminum.
Thanks bw55, I thought as much but I have a tendency to whack before I think so I wanted to be sure. Have you seen the bracket bolts on the engine block snap before? The one that supports the manifold. I’ve lost the bracket and I’m not keen to try drilling the bolts out of the block, not to mention the difficulty trying to get in there. I’m thinking about removing the whole unit, pipes and aluminium manifold and run a new pipe with a support on the frame behind the counterweight.
I've seen them back out before but not break. I would be looking at motor mounts next.