Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Interesting farm tractor grader attachment

JaredV · 2025-06-25 20:35

I found this on Marketplace. The ad says you drive over it and hook it up to the 3-point, but what keeps the front end in front of the tractor? The front tires steer but I don't see any steering, so they must caster which would be an awful lot of stress on the 3 point. How is the blade controlled? Is it just the 3 point? I can see how you could tilt it a little with the leveling crank, but you wouldn't be able to lift it more than a few inches. So many questions. It looks like it hasn't seen much use and my guess is it didn't work like the builder hoped. Looks like he did a nice job on it, though. Log into Facebook Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know. www.facebook.com

Replies9
  1. #1crane operator2025-06-25 22:29

    There's u bolts and square tubing right at the bend, near where the front of the tractor would be. I bet it mounts there to the frame, on something like a front loader mount. That would take a lot of the stress off the 3 pt. Looks like there is a cylinder on the blade up and down, and I think the front wheels just caster like you said. Looks to me like a driveway leveler/ groomer, not a serious blade.

  2. #2Alusium2025-06-25 23:13

    Looks like it would make a decent land plane if you turned the blade around and had a place to attach the top link.

  3. #3Bumpsteer2025-06-25 23:14

    The paint looks to be original, and 95% of its still there......tells me a lot. Ed

  4. #4Cliffy2025-06-26 05:26

    Exactly what i was thinking. Didn’t work so was parked up.

  5. #5Willie B2025-06-26 06:45

    American Road Machine, must have been 1940s converted farm tractors to a makeshift version of a grader. I don't think they worked super well. I've seen Ford 9N & International Farmall M converted. Not a grader by any means, but better than nothing if you had a long private road. This thing does NOT look to be very heavy duty.

  6. #6Old Doug2025-06-26 07:34

    The ideal behind it was good but it probably didnt work that great and it would be a lot of work to find out.

  7. #7Welder Dave2025-06-26 14:06

    There were some other grader conversions for tractors that were much better engineered.

  8. #8Old Doug2025-06-27 07:13

    If you spent any time in a grader it really makes you think about how one of these would work but maybe they would have there place.

  9. #9Welder Dave2025-06-27 16:06

    Would be OK for basic stuff like grading driveways or making roads in fields.