Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Interesting Photos of a Cat 365 with 130′ of Stick

Tinkerer · 2013-03-27 06:40

I found these photos on the internet. I never knew there is a company making so many long reach sticks, not just Caterpillar but all brands of excavators. I could post a link to more photos but I don't want to violate form rules in regards to free advertising for the manufacturer of the booms and extensions.

Replies6
  1. #1robin yates uk2013-03-27 06:55

    Wow! Binoculars optional I think? Or in my case essential,,,,,,, very interesting, thanks

  2. #2The Peej2013-03-27 07:21

    it must take one steady hand, I imagine there is quite a bit of sway and bounce that far out

  3. #3Multiracer2013-03-27 07:47

    Double knuckles and a hammer on the end ? Obviously built for this type of demo only.

  4. #4kevin37b2013-04-17 16:44

    Why not do it at the bottom and be done ?

  5. #5Canadian_digger2013-04-17 18:05

    I don't think it is a hammer. Looks like a pulverizer.

  6. #6Tinkerer2013-04-17 19:04

    How long could an operator look up there and get the shear where he wants it ? I copied this from the mfr's website. Here is a photo of the shear. This CAT 365B-II will reach 130' high and is equipped with a Labounty UP20 Demolition Jaw · The entire machine is joystick-controlled making it easy to learn and easy to use. · The machine is equipped to handle hammer, grapple, and shear attachments. · Cab rotation of up to 35 degrees allows for easy visibility while operating the machine.